During a time of significant growth and the recent release of a revitalized strategic plan, the Halton Poverty Roundtable is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to join the Board of Directors. Candidates living or working in the Halton Region are welcome to apply. The Board meets four times a year, as well as participating in the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Our Vision: No Neighbour in Need.
Our Mission: Mobilizing community will to eliminate poverty in Halton
– Human dignity and respect for all
– Collaboration & collective responsibility
– Social equity and fiscal fairness
1. Poverty is an “Invisible Tax” paid by every Halton resident.
2. The causes of poverty are complex.
3. Poverty cannot be ended by money alone. Commitment and broad community will are also crucial.
4. Eliminating poverty IS POSSIBLE and Halton has the resources to achieve this objective.
5. All citizens, businesses, community organizations and governments must unite behind this cause.
Below is a link to each of the key Board roles:
Click here to download the application.
Please forward your completed resume and application to Kim Smith.